Sunday, August 22, 2010

The dreaded Forage

I no longer boil my well water, but instead go to the forage (a pump) about 15 minutes away to get my drinking water. The good part is that I only have to filter the water without boiling it. The bad part is that carrying all those gallons of water back to my house is nearly impossible. The forage is only open in the morning, so I have to wake up around 5:30 am. There is always a line, which I used to get preferential treatment because I am a foreigner, but now I have to wait like everyone else. Then, there’s the challenge of bringing the water back: do I carry it in my arms or go native and put in on my head? Well, the first time I just carried it and couldn’t really feel my arms the next day since it took my about 45 minutes to get back to the house. The second time, I put in on my head and almost threw out my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment